There is only one goal during sex: to be as sensually stimulated as possible. The secret? Well, knowledge is power. When it comes to doing the deed, the more you know, the better sex is. Here is a list of some surprising information and wild facts to up your erotic IQ.
1. People who have sex about three times a week are perceived to look four to seven years younger.
2. Women place a higher importance on looks than men do when looking for a casual0sex partner.
3. One poll found that computer nerds make the best lovers, with 82% of IT geeks claiming they put their partner’s pleasure above their own.
4. Sadly, only 41% of fitness professionals were as selfless.
5. Get it on the night before you need to bring some great ideas to the office. According to anthropologist Dr Helen Fisher, sex triggers brain chemicals that can improve creativity at work.
6. Don’t wait to feel turned on before you make a move. Most women experience arousal after the fun has already begun.
7. Beware! Single women are more attracted to men who are taken than to those who are available.
8. Strippers earn more when they are ovulating. Scientists suspect it is due to the pheromones their bodies release. Do a striptease for your guy when you are ovulating and it should create some serious heat.
9. An orgasm can cure your stage fright! A Scottish study found that following sexual release, people had an easier time with public speaking.
10. High levels of the hormone oestradiol make women more likely to cheat. The reason? It creates bigger breasts and smaller waists. As a result, they get more attention and so have more sexual opportunities.
11. Research found that 58% of those who regularly use porn felt more comfortable with their sexuality and tending to their partner’s sexual needs.
12. It is the sweet stuff that really gets females hot. A study found that women were more turned on watching a man kissing a woman than having sex. So try kissing him in front of a mirror.
13. A UK study found that most men prefer women with some curves to super-skinny waifs.
14. Peyronie’s disease is a condition in which a man’s penis curves. A drug used to straighten bent fingers is now being used to fix it.
15. A study found that intercourse last about 16 minutes for Europeans and just seven for Americans.
16. Oxytocin, one of the sex chemicals released when you are getting it on, reduces pain by about half.
17. Women who work part-time have more orgasms than full-time employees do.
18. In a survey conducted among multimillionaires, 70% felt that money gave them better sex.
19. Keep your gaze locked on his. Experts say eye contact can increase sexual attraction.
20. Having se once a week can improve your immune function by 30%.